- Chassis AM300/3/1396
- One of 551 cars produced
- Ultimate variant of the original "DB"
- Matching numbers example
- Factory left hand drive
The Aston Martin DB2
The DB2 was introduced in 1949 and it incorporated everything that anyone could ever want from a sports car at the time. It featured gorgeous aluminum bodywork that could be acquired in either coupe or drophead body styles. The next model was named the DB2/4, in reference to the occasional rear seating found below a folding panel.
By 1957, 1,175 DB2s and DB2/4s had been sold, as the company was still a boutique operation. Then, the final and most sophisticated version of the line, ultimately marketed as simply the “DB Mark III,” added 551 units to the total by 1959.
Chassis AM300/3/1396. Engine DBA1027. Matching numbers. This factory left hand drive example, coachwork by Tickford, and ultimate variant of the original DB was delivered new for the US market in 1957 to Mr R.W. Titus of Tennessee. Finished today in a very elegant medium grey with brown hide to the interior, the original colour combination was Champagne over beige leather as per the factory build sheet’s information.
Older records from 1971 show the car then owned by Frank J. Formaner of Connecticut. The colour had then been changed to brown. AM300/3/1396 was subsequently exported to the UK where its second last owner embarked on a significant mechanical restoration, mainly carried out by marque expert’s LT Classics and Aston Service Dorset, for which multiple invoice records are available.
Finished in a very fitting grey paintwork, this elegant example of the DB MKIII Coupe, ultimate variant of the original “DB”, retains excellent mechanics and runs flawlessly. The interior which was replaced in recent years shows barely any traces of use and is very well presented throughout. Well documented and rare factory LHD example, this gorgeous motor car is available immediately and represents a fine investment considering its limited production of only 551 units.